Tips for Business Travellers to Saint Lucia
Individuals visiting from North America and Europe for business purposes will find that business practices are much more relaxed from what that are accustomed to. However, you can expect to find and deal with a highly skilled workforce in a business environment which welcomes foreign investment.
- A shirt and tie is recommended for business meetings, whereas suits are reserved for formal business events including award ceremonies and meetings with senior government officials.
- Appointments should be made in advance.
- Standard working hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 pm for government and most other businesses.
- Many hotels offer conference and business centres.
- International cell phones can be activated by the telephone companies.
- International courier deliveries are available via FedEx and DHL. Local and international express delivery services are available via the national mail service.
- Carry a valid passport and ensure that it is valid for six months beyond your date of entry. Other entry requirements may apply.
- Be sure to reconfirm your flight upon arrival and monitor local developments and news broadcasts carefully and follow the advice of local travel authorities. Be prepared for delays at airports and plan accordingly.
- Register and maintain contact with your countrys mission or consulate upon arrival.